These Acai bowls will be your breakfast go-to all summer long! After all, hot days inspire cool foods, right? Containing nearly half of the RDA for fiber, they make a brilliant start to any day. That fiber translates to good digestion. The acai, banana and berries are powerful carbs that translate to quick energy, and weighing in at just under 400 delicious calories, these breakfast (or lunch, or snack) bowls are perfect for kickstarting your busy days!
Yet I feel I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention the downfalls of some restaurant-style Acai bowls. Many are unfortunately laden with a lot of added sugars and calories which can lead to undesirable weight gain and complications, especially in people living with diabetes or pre-diabetes. (They’re also expensive, ranging between $10 and $15 per bowl.) Some contain 1,000 calories and up to 75 grams of sugar, so please do your research before ordering, as those elevated numbers destroy the purpose and intent of enjoying of a healthy, nutrient-dense, calorie-conscious bowl of goodness.
This Acai bowl recipe serves two and takes just minutes to make. It’ll also give you peace of mind that you’re preparing, eating, and serving your family powerful nutrients and antioxidants for breakfast, snack — even lunch. All. Summer. Long.
Go ahead, give it a try and leave your comments here. Or share your pics and videos on Instagram and tag me, @coachedbyjan.
Want some more cool, ‘berry delicious’ idea for hot summer days? Try this salad of Mixed Greens with Berries & Lemon Vinaigrette or a this quick Berry-Banana Smoothie that’s ready to devour in 5 short minutes.
- 1 Blender
- 2 cups Frozen Berries
- 1 Banana
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter Optional
- 1-1/2 tbsp Acai Powder Sub 3.5 oz frozen Acai, no added sugar
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk Yogurt Unsweetened (Sub Coconut Milk)
- 1/4 cup Strawberries Hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup Blueberries
- 1/3 cup Granola Gluten-free
- To a blender, add the frozen berries, banana, almond butter, coconut yogurt, and acai powder. Purée the ingredients until mixture is completely smooth and blended. (Stop and scrape down the blender 2-3 times to help incorporate ingredients.)
- Transfer acai mixture to 2 bowls. Top each bowl with fresh berries and granola, and enjoy!