Salmon — the fish that people who don’t like fish like. It’s moist, tender, easy to prepare and even easier to eat. Most of us know one of the best ways to fuel mega-nutrients and healthy protein into our body is via a perfectly cooked piece of salmon. But the best part of a dish that features fresh salmon is that when it’s cooked well (NOT well-done, btw), it’s a lick-the-plate-clean kind of meal.
Like this Honey-Garlic-Chili Crisp Salmon recipe that’ll be on your table and ready to eat in under 20 minutes. Sweet local honey, garlic, a dash of Tamari sauce and a heaping tablespoon of that smoky-slightly spicy wonder ingredient called Chili Crisp add magnificent flavor to a buttery and oh-so-flakey fillet of wild-caught salmon.
Try this crave-worthy Honey Garlic Chili Crisp Salmon with a sheet pan of Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables. Just plan to keep it at the top of your recipe file, as you’ll be making it. A lot.
Why Salmon? The benefits of keeping salmon in our diet are multitudinous, and I won’t bore you with all the deets. In short, this protein rich food contains essential Omega-3 fatty acids (something our body desperately needs but doesn’t produce) that are primary contributors to heart and brain health. Eating salmon and/or other fish sources 2-3 times per week has been shown to actually reduce age-related brain loss and improve our memory. Salmon is considered an anti-inflammatory food, which should come as welcome news in this age of ever expanding environmental and food-related toxicities. Salmon also has anti-aging properties that can slow muscle loss and help maintain skin elasticity. The key, however, is to consume salmon that is sustainably raised or wild-caught so as to reduce the risk of pollutant levels and color-added products like astaxanthin found in farm-raised products.
Honey-Garlic-Chili Crisp Salmon
- 4 Salmon Fillets About 6 oz each
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Paprika (Sweet)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 5 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 3 tbsp Tamari Sauce Gluten-Free
- 1 tbsp Chili Crisp + 1 tbsp more for added flavor
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1-2 tbsp Water Optional (to thin sauce)
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley Minced (Optional)
- Pat salmon dry with paper towels. In a small bowl, combine the sea salt, pepper, smoked and sweet paprika seasonings.
- Rub seasoning into the top and bottom of the salmon fillets and set aside for a few minutes.
- Make the Honey-Garlic-Chili Crisp Glaze: Whisk together the olive oil, garlic, Tamari, Chili Crisp, honey and lemon juice. Taste for flavor and add a bit more chili crisp, if desired for subtle spice and smokiness. Add 1-2 tbsp water, if glaze seems too thick.
- Turn your broiler to high and arrange an oven rack in the middle slot of your oven. Set a large cast-iron or heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- When skillet is heated, add about 3/4 of the glaze. Arrange salmon fillets (skin side down) and cook 3-4 minutes. Baste salmon frequently, spooning sauce from the pan over the top of fillets.
- Carefully transfer skillet with salmon to the middle rack of the oven and broil for 3-4 minutes. Baste salmon with sauce after about 2 minutes, then continue broiling until salmon is caramelized and cooked to desired doneness, an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer salmon fillets to a plate and brush tops with remaining glaze. Garnish with fresh parsley, if using and enjoy.
Please leave your comments here and share your Honey Garlic Chili Crisp Salmon creations with your Instagram community — and tag me at @coachedbyjan. I love seeing your home-chef interpretations of my recipes!